The Team will consider each new project on its own terms, and an approach will be designed based on the nature of the project. We invest our creativity in every project and commit to a rigorous, open and flexible process, reflecting high standards with a view to publication.
We work on each project differently with a tailored approach that is fitting and specific to the nature of the creative idea, one that is right for the purpose of the book and the individual requirements of a company, a person, or a family we are working with. It is a highly customised service that adjusts as it develops. It is a creative service because it is a creative process.
A general guide to the service we provide for writing books and screenplays:
- Your first step is to just get in touch here. We’d love to hear about your project (priority will be given to the people who fill out all fields and provide a synopsis of the project).
- Someone will get back in touch by e-mail or phone. Following this a Skype video call will be arranged and after this a 1-1. While the project is being considered we will often start producing an Outline document of your project, free of charge.
- We will chat through process, time-line and Contract.
- At the first meeting, you and your writer will jump straight into conversation. This can be done online, on the telephone, or in person. We gather as much information as we can from you over a period of up to 30 hours. If you have any work already written, this is the time where you would submit that to us.
- As the conversations progress, we begin writing a Step Outline. This is a breakdown of the screenplay or book into small sections. This becomes our blueprint for the project, often referred to as a skeleton. We agree on the project Step Outline in terms of content and tone and we begin writing the 1st Draft Manuscript (evolving the Step Outline into the 1st draft).
- After a period of between 4–20 weeks, we will have a manuscript ready for review. This is where you will need to invest your time in the process of review and we gather team feedback.
- We then spend 1-3 weeks upgrading the manuscript from a 1st draft to a final polished manuscript.
- We will submit the final polished book or screenplay to you. It is only here at stage 8 where you are obliged to make the final payment for the property, thus inheriting the rights to the book manuscript or film screenplay that has been written for you.
- Once you have your script, you may wish to take advantage of our contacts in the literary, publishing, or UK film industries. Our contacts are your contacts and we will help you any way that we can.
Further work can continue on the manuscript at a day rate of between £100-£350 per day.