Our Team will consider each new project on its own terms, designing a unique approach based on the project’s nature and demands. We invest our creativity in every project and commit to a rigorous, open and flexible process, reflecting high standards with a view to publication.
We work on each project differently with a tailored approach that is fitting and specific to the nature of the creative idea. This will be in keeping with the purpose of the book and the individual requirements of the company, person, or family we are working with. It is a highly customised service that adjusts as it develops: a creative service because it is a creative process.
A general guide to the service we provide for writing books and screenplays:
- Your first step is to just get in touch here. We’d love to hear about your project (priority will be given to those who fill out all fields and provide a synopsis of the story).
2. Someone will get back in touch by e-mail or phone. Following this, a video call will be arranged and then a 1:1. While the project is being considered, we will often start producing an outline document of your project.
3. We will chat through the process, timeline and contract terms.
4. At the first meeting, you and your writer will jump straight into conversation. This may be done in a workshop environment with our entire team and may be conducted either online or in person. We gather as much information as we can from you over a period of up to 30 hours. If you have any work already written, this is the time where you would submit it through.
5. As the conversations progress, we begin writing which can quickly take the form of a Step Outline. This is the breakdown of the screenplay or book into small sections and becomes our blueprint for the project, often referred to as a skeleton. We agree on the project’s Step Outline in terms of content and tone and we start writing a first draft manuscript (evolving the Step Outline into the first draft).
6. After a period of between 4 and 20 weeks, we will have a manuscript ready for review. This is where you will need to invest your time in the process of review as we gather team feedback.
7. We then spend 1 to 3 weeks upgrading the writing from a first draft to a final polish.
8. We will submit the final polished book or screenplay to you. It is only here at stage 8 where you are obliged to make the final payment for the property, thus inheriting the rights to the book manuscript or film screenplay that has been written for you.
9. Once you have your script, you may wish to take advantage of our contacts in the literary, publishing, or UK film industries. Our contacts are your contacts and we will help you any way that we can.
Further work can continue on the manuscript at a day rate of £100-£450 per day.