A general guide to the service we provide for writing books and screenplays:
- Your first step is to just get in touch here. We’d love to hear about your project (priority will be given to the people who fill out all fields and provide a synopsis of the project).
- Someone will get back in touch. We will share our thoughts with you and explain a few different ways we can collaborate. We will work on a quote and when you are ready to start, we agree a date, sign a contract, and get moving.
- At the first meeting, you and your writer will jump straight into conversation. This can be done via Skype, on the telephone, or in person. We gather as much information as we can from you over a period of up to 30 hours. If you have any work already written, this is the time where you would submit that to us.
- As the conversations progress, we begin writing a Step Outline. This is a breakdown of the screenplay or book into small sections. This becomes our blueprint for the project, often referred to as a skeleton. We agree on the project Step Outline in terms of content and tone and we begin writing the 1st Draft Manuscript (evolving the Step Outline into the 1st draft).
- After a period of between 4–20 weeks, we will have a manuscript which we will deliver to you by e-mail or as a hard copy. This is where you will need to invest your time in the process of review.
- We recommend you spend 2 weeks reading through the draft and making notes of any changes you want made.
- We then spend 1-3 weeks upgrading the manuscript from a 1st draft to a final polished product with reference to the notes you have made during that 2 week period of review.
- We will submit the final polished book or screenplay to you. It is only here at stage 8 where you are obliged to make the final payment for the property, thus inheriting the rights to the book manuscript or film screenplay that has been written for you.
- Once you have your book or screenplay, you may wish to take advantage of our contacts in the literary, publishing, or UK film industries. Our contacts are your contacts and we will help you any way that we can.
Further work can continue on the manuscript at a day rate of between £100-£350 per day.
* If you are based in London we offer a 1-hour complimentary meeting to discuss the project in London City or The West End. Otherwise we can arrange a telephone or Skype consultation.